Paint Out Malden Park – Pond Side
EAST side Malden Road entrance
Monday April 18th 2016
Suggested time is: 10 am until ?
The weather is finally warming up! Still wear layers. Spring weather is fickle!
Link to weather information:
There are many picnic tables and benches available.
The Malden Park Visitor Centre has washrooms, but I’m not sure if they are open yet. However, Tim Horton’s coffee shop is one block away on Huron Church.
SUGGESTED THINGS TO CONSIDER and WHAT TO BRING
(Edit this list to your needs.)
For your comfort
- Folding chair, cushion or yoga mat if you wish to sit on the ground or on a park bench.
- Drinking Water
- Wide brim hat or ball cap,
- Sunscreen (it’s not too early)
- Bug spray
- Light wind proof jacket (Dress in layers the weather is still unpredictable.)
- Mud boots are a good thing to add to your trunk.
- Long pants, long sleeves, closed shoes and socks will help protect your skin from sun and bugs.
Suggested drawing/painting supplies
- Pre primed art boards
- Watercolour paper in pads or sheets (sheets need stretching and taping to a drawing board.)
- Oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastels, coloured pencils, pens or markers.
- Brushes suited to your painting medium
- Paper towels (trash bags to put used ones in we don’t want to litter)
- Painting palette
- Water, and other painting mediums.
- Containers for mediums
An important note about our events:
If you come late you may not see everyone or even anyone. The Artists may disburse anywhere inside the park or designated location. While we usually say come and leave when you like, know that if you come later than the start time artists may be hard to find, or may have already left. We are always sorry if we miss you. Please don’t expect someone to keep you company if you come late.