Information for the Windsor & Essex County PLein Air ARtists
You must email Elizabeth for the gate code information at PaintPleinAir@gmail.com Elizabeth can not attend due to an injury.
Hawk fest information for the public
Join experts from the Holiday Beach Migration Observatory for this natural spectacle. Watch thousands of birds of prey flying overheard. Take in free programs hosted by local experts and see live hawks and owls up close. A great family event for experts and amateurs alike.
HBMO experts will be on-site conducting hawk banding and adoptions. Event goers will get up close and personal to a variety of raptors as experts measure, tag, and then release these birds back into the wild. Visitors will also be in awe at the live raptor display of Kingsport Environmental, a local organization that rescues and rehabilitates raptors and promotes falconry through education programs.
Free educational programs will compliment the ongoing banding and live hawk display throughout both weekends. Local experts will be on-site to teach on a wide range of birding and nature-related topics. These programs include:
HBMO’s Bob Pettit will share his years of experience on identifying hawks in flights.
Ted Kloske, of Henry’s Windsor and Maple Grove Studios, Glenn Gervais, of Southshore Outdoor Photography, and Alex Denonville will help budding photographers get their best nature shot.
Learn about the mystery of the iconic monarch butterfly with Gina Pannunzio of ERCA, and Paul Desjardins of Essex County Nature.
HBMO’s Jeremy Hatt will share his tips and tricks on using mobile applications like iNaturalist
September 15-16 & 22-23 from 9:00am – 3:00pm
Programs are free with the festival admission fee of $15 per vehicle.
Posted in Event, Notice
Tagged Art, artist, Birds, Canada, Essex County, event, Family Friendly, Hawk Fest, Migration, Ontario, Plein Air, PleinAir, Tourism, WinCity, Windsor & Essex County, YQG
Important information for vendors and demonstrators.
Lost Arts Festival Sunday August 12th 2018
Set Up/Tear Down
Homestead grounds are open to exhibitors at 8:30am, you are welcome to drive your vehicle on site through the west gate to unload heavy display items.
Upon your arrival, please check in with Homestead staff, who will secure your parking pass,
demonstrator name tag, and food voucher for you, and direct you to your designated display site.
Advance set up, If you hope to arrive or deliver materials before Sunday, please make arrangements with firstname.lastname@example.org.
All vehicles must be removed to the designated parking area by 11am, please. If you need a shuttle ride back from parking, please let us know. Vehicles are not allowed back onto the property for tear down, until after 4pm.
Once you unload your demonstration supplies, please park at the Iler Farm (785 Iler Road –map attached)
You will receive a Demonstrator Parking Pass, which must be displayed on your vehicle dash to park in our demonstrator area.
A shuttle service will be available to take you from the Demonstrator Parking back to the Homestead.
- The festival goes ahead rain or shine! In case of inclement weather, we will endeavour to move all demonstrators and their items into one of our historic buildings for the duration of the event.
- Please bring along your own table(s) and lawn chair. You are also welcome to bring your own shade canopy, etc. if you wish.
- While we will endeavour to accommodate as many demonstration site requests as possible, demonstrator spaces will be assigned on a “first-reply” basis
- We ask that you provide some element of demonstration of your craft throughout the day. If your craft is something you can’t demonstrate on-site, please consider bringing along samples of the stages of your work, so you can show/explain the process to interested visitors.
- Hands-on elements of demonstration for the public to try are strongly encouraged!
- Lunch is available for purchase on-site; you are welcome to bring your own lunch items, as well. We do provide one complimentary refreshment ticket to each demonstrator, which can be redeemed at the Road Chef food truck, as a token of our thanks for your participation.
- You may bring someone along to help you staff your booth.
- As we are a historic site with significant wooden structures, please note that smoking is only permitted in the parking lot.
- You are welcome to vend any of your wares to the visiting public. There is no vendor’s fee.
- All items displayed and sold must be hand-made by you (not commercially produced)!
Elizabeth regrets that she will be unable to attend this event. She will be competing in the Paint Dexter event in Michigan. It is her hope you will have a wonderful day. This event has always proved to be well attended.
Posted in Event, Notice
Tagged Art, artist, Arts and Craft, Canada, Drawing, Essex County, event, Family Friendly, John R Park Homestead, Ontario, Outdoor Painters, PleinAir, Tourism, WinCity, Windsor & Essex County
2 day Exhibition & Paint Out
Saturday and Sunday
July 28th & 29th
Set up on day(s) of event from 9:00 a.m. to 9:45
Open to public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ann’s Contact info:
Ann Ducharme email@example.com or phone/text 519-971-4569
Ann Ducharme opens her beautiful gardens to Artists wishing to take part in Explore the Shore. There is no charge, but if you are selling donations to help defray Ann’s costs is appreciated. Ann’s costs include: Insurance, ETS participation fee, porta john etc
Come for an hour or stay for the day (or two) and paint (and sell if you want) from 10-5 both days
After you unload please move your car to the farm across the road. If you are unable to move your car due to mobility issues, please let Ann know so she can arrange to have if moved for you.
If you wish to just come, paint and hang out come anytime.
The drive is about 30 to 45 min depending on traffic.
Link to driving directions using Howard Ave on Google Map. https://goo.gl/maps/kTO3v
Do not use your GPS, or internet maps to find this location, you will get lost. I have bypassed the mistakes Google makes and have provided a link. Please use the link above..
Address: 267 County Rd 50 East Harrow (If you put this into google maps you may get lost. This is for visual reference only.)
View looking east on county rd 50.
Elizabeth will be unavailable due to family matters. Please contact Ann if you have any questions.
Posted in Event
Tagged Adults, All Ages, Art, Artists, Artists who paint outdoors, Arts and Craft, Canada, Drawing, Educational, Essex County, event, Family Friendly, Free event, Ontario, Outdoor Painters, Outdoors, Painting, Plein Air, Plein Air Location, PleinAir, Tourism, WinCity, Windsor, Windsor & Essex County, YQG