Artists to paint during the festival.
Date: Saturday June 22nd and Sunday June 23rd
Time: 10am to 5pm You may come earlier than 10 am to set up. Sales are not allowed unless you’ve registered as a vendor.
NOTE: When you arrive, they will try to get you to park down the road. Let them know you are one of our artists and have gear to lug, and they will let you park on the grounds.
Location: Serenity Lavender 130 County Rd 50, E, Colchester, On.
Link to Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/x2JcjwvhqBz
Link to weather: http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/canada/windsor/hourly
Contact Elizabeth for further information: 519-564-4361
Posted in Event
Tagged Art, Artists, Canada, Drawing, Essex County, event, Family Friendly, Festival, Free event, Lake Erie North Shore, Lavender, Lavender Festival, northof42, Ontario, Plein Air, PleinAir, Tourism, wepleinair, WinCity, Windsor & Essex County, windsoressex, YQG
Start at 9:30 a.m.
Lakeside Park, Kingsville Ontario
Start time 9:30 a.m.- end time at your discretion.
Kingsville’s Lakeside Park is one of the jewels of the county. This is one paint out that will surely inspire.
If you go, please keep an eye on the weather.
Link to hourly weather forecast:
Link to Town of Kingsville park website:
While in Kingsville why not check out the new art supply store
11 Main Street East
Kingsville, Ontario N9Y 1A1
SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING
Snack & Water
long sleeves (bug and sun protection)
long pants (bug and sun protection)
Plein Air easel
Plein air pochade box
Paint and drawing supplies of your choice
General contact information:
Email PaintPleinAir@gmail.com for more information.
Posted in Event
Tagged Art, artist, Artists, Artists who paint outdoors, Canada, Drawing, Educational, Essex County, Free event, keeping warm, Kingsville, Ontario, Painting, Plein Air, Plein Air Location, PleinAir, WinCity, Windsor & Essex County, YQG
MONDAY June 3rd 9:30
Location is on Windsor’s east side, just outside of the town of Tecumseh. Blue Heron Lake also known as East Riverside Park is just East of Banwell Road on Little River Blvd.
Free Parking across the street just north of the lake in the Cora Greenwood Parking Lot
Tick warning! Please be aware that we are getting into warmer weather. Protect yourself from ticks and mosquitoes. See information below.
Other things to consider. A folding chair, cushion or yoga mat if you wish to sit on the ground.
Hope you all take advantage of the best studio in the world, the great outdoors!
Steps to Prevent Tick Bites
- Wear light-colored clothing so you can see ticks more easily.
- Tuck your pant legs into your socks and your shirt into your pants when walking in woods, brush, or tall grass. Deer ticks attach to clothing and then walk upward.
- Use a tick repellent that contains 20%-40% DEET or Picaradin on skin and clothing. These products include Off®, Cutter®, Repel®, Ultrathon® and Natrapel®. The American Academy of Pediatrics states that DEET is safe for children, but recommends that lower concentrations (10%) be used, and applied by an adult. Be aware that DEET will dissolve plastics and varnish.
- OR pre-treat your clothing with a product that contains permethrin, such as Permanone® or Duranon®, which both repel and kill ticks and remain effective through several wash cycles. They should be sprayed on clothing only (not skin). Outdoor clothing stores sell pre-treated tick-repellent clothing which remains effective through 70 wash cycles (the life of the garment).
- Do the Tick Check whenever you’ve been outdoors! Inspect yourself and your pets after being outdoors. Ticks often attach in body folds, behind knees, ears, in the pelvic region and on scalps. Showering removes unattached ticks, but not attached ticks.
- Tumble clothes in a dryer on high heat for 10 minutes to kill ticks.
- Use caution in wooded and bushy areas with leaf litter. Walk in the center of trails.
(Information on Ticks found on the Maine medical research center site:) http://www.ticksinmaine.com/
Better to look silly than risk a tick bite:
Posted in Event
Tagged Art, Artists, Artists who paint outdoors, Canada, Drawing, Essex County, Ontario, Outdoor Painters, Outdoors, Plein Air, PleinAir, WinCity, Windsor, Windsor & Essex County, YQG