Happy Birthday to Ann Ducharme!
day changed to tuesday June 11th 10:00 AM
Monday calls for rain all day we’ve changed the date to Tuesday.
We are celebrating Ann’s birthday, but please no gifts at her request. There will be refreshments. We wish to thank Ann, for the invite to her lovely property. This beautiful wooded landscaped ravine will remind you of a fairy land, with many flowers, bubbling brook and waterfall.
(Note: give yourself time this is can be a 35 min to an hour drive from Windsor depending upon traffic.)
Directions please read these:
- Take Walker Rd South to Harrow
- Turn right at light
- Go two blocks turn left (Smith’s Funeral Home is on left)
- Go to stop sign in Colchester turn left (this is county rd 50)
- Ann’s in 1.6 Km on your right right after a curve and slight rise in the road. The driveway sneaks up on you due to obscured sight lines.
- The lot has two entrances and is heavily wooded, the house is hard to see from the road. Look for two one-way signs that mark her driveway
- parking is limited please try to conserve space.
267 county rd 50 Harrow ON
EAST of Colchester Village, WEST of Oxley on the South or Lake side of the road.
Two Google Links for driving directions
Via Walker Rd: https://goo.gl/maps/ywZAN3WGZFt
Alternative route Via Howard Ave: https://goo.gl/maps/AKB2VbfpxdB2
I don’t like to put my cell phone number on the internet, so please email me for my phone number at Paintpleinair@gmail.com.
If you get lost you can call me.
Posted in Event
Tagged Art, Canada, Drawing, Essex County, event, Ontario, Outdoor Painters, Plein Air, PleinAir, Windsor, YQG
MONDAY June 3rd 9:30
Location is on Windsor’s east side, just outside of the town of Tecumseh. Blue Heron Lake also known as East Riverside Park is just East of Banwell Road on Little River Blvd.
Free Parking across the street just north of the lake in the Cora Greenwood Parking Lot
Tick warning! Please be aware that we are getting into warmer weather. Protect yourself from ticks and mosquitoes. See information below.
Other things to consider. A folding chair, cushion or yoga mat if you wish to sit on the ground.
Hope you all take advantage of the best studio in the world, the great outdoors!
Steps to Prevent Tick Bites
- Wear light-colored clothing so you can see ticks more easily.
- Tuck your pant legs into your socks and your shirt into your pants when walking in woods, brush, or tall grass. Deer ticks attach to clothing and then walk upward.
- Use a tick repellent that contains 20%-40% DEET or Picaradin on skin and clothing. These products include Off®, Cutter®, Repel®, Ultrathon® and Natrapel®. The American Academy of Pediatrics states that DEET is safe for children, but recommends that lower concentrations (10%) be used, and applied by an adult. Be aware that DEET will dissolve plastics and varnish.
- OR pre-treat your clothing with a product that contains permethrin, such as Permanone® or Duranon®, which both repel and kill ticks and remain effective through several wash cycles. They should be sprayed on clothing only (not skin). Outdoor clothing stores sell pre-treated tick-repellent clothing which remains effective through 70 wash cycles (the life of the garment).
- Do the Tick Check whenever you’ve been outdoors! Inspect yourself and your pets after being outdoors. Ticks often attach in body folds, behind knees, ears, in the pelvic region and on scalps. Showering removes unattached ticks, but not attached ticks.
- Tumble clothes in a dryer on high heat for 10 minutes to kill ticks.
- Use caution in wooded and bushy areas with leaf litter. Walk in the center of trails.
(Information on Ticks found on the Maine medical research center site:) http://www.ticksinmaine.com/
Better to look silly than risk a tick bite:
Posted in Event
Tagged Art, Artists, Artists who paint outdoors, Canada, Drawing, Essex County, Ontario, Outdoor Painters, Outdoors, Plein Air, PleinAir, WinCity, Windsor, Windsor & Essex County, YQG
paint OUT May 11TH canceled
Hello everyone! The rainy season is just the worst. It’s very hard to plan anything. 80% chance of rain Monday May 11th.
On a happier note, I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day celebration, even if you aren’t a Mother!
Hourly weather forecast.
Posted in Event, Notice
Tagged Art, Artists, Artists who paint outdoors, Canada, cold weather, Drawing, Essex County, Ontario, Plein Air, PleinAir, RAIN, WinCity, Windsor, Windsor & Essex County, YQG